German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what happened. We have an oven that had the storage drawer underneath instead of the broiler. Well my husband isnt always the brightest. He put pans in the drawer that shouldnt have gone in there and that caused one of the pans to literally jam the drawer closed. I was FREAKING out. I tend to spazz easily when i'm hungry and stressed out and damnit i wanted to make a freaking pizza. Well i'm sitting on the kitchen floor getting more and more frustrated and upset because i just can NOT for the life of me figure out what the heck i'm missing in order to get that freaking pan out of the way so i can open the stupid drawer! I can barely get my arm in through the small opening in the side so on top of the frustration and growing anger, my arm is getting sore and bruised. I tried everything i could think of until i finally sat back in tears glaring at the drawer and muttering how stupid the whole thing was and why couldnt anything be easy for once. So here i am, sitting on the kitchen floor angry at my husband for putting the pans where they dont belong and angry that i cant figure out the piece of the puzzle i'm missing and just generally angry because i want a freaking pizza and if i cant get to the pan i cant make a pizza. Once i finally figure out what i want and then cant have it, i tend to get pretty angry until i either want something else or the craving goes away entirely.

Well here comes Shasta slowly into the kitchen. She very carefully lays down next to me and rests her head on my leg and just stares at me with those big 6 month old puppy brown german shepherd eyes. I took a couple deep breaths and loved on her for a minute.

I managed to get the pan out of the way so i could get the drawer open. I have no idea what i did differently or exactly how long it took but somehow, my normally obnoxious energized puppy knew from the other room that i needed some encouragement and calm moments and she came and helped. I caught a glimpse of the adult i hope she'll be.

My sweet lil pup helped calmed mom before things started getting broken and the yelling and screaming ensued.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
What a good girl!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Good Girl Shasta!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I can totally relate. I was in the garage one night cursing and throwing tools trying to get this hidden bolt out that I needed out to finish a job on one of my cars. (You should see the dry wall in my garage from throwing tools over the years). Anyways, Titon kept nudging my butt making me even more irritated until I looked at him and he just pawed my legs for attention. Made me sit down on the garage floor and get flooded with kisses from him. Then I went back to the bolt and it came out just using my fingers. LOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can totally relate. I was in the garage one night cursing and throwing tools trying to get this hidden bolt out that I needed out to finish a job on one of my cars. (You should see the dry wall in my garage from throwing tools over the years). Anyways, Titon kept nudging my butt making me even more irritated until I looked at him and he just pawed my legs for attention. Made me sit down on the garage floor and get flooded with kisses from him. Then I went back to the bolt and it came out just using my fingers. LOL

see they are such pains in the butt (excuse the pun!!!! lol) and then they just have those moments that make you wonder where the demon pup went and how long the cute loyal and locing pup will stick around. i just couldnt believe she did that. My lil pup for all the trouble she causes and seems to be making up for what she didnt break when she was my angel pup, still lets the angel out of the demon shell every now and then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts