German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good idea for protecting the inside of the car door? I picked up something from Amazon that works ok, but if I insert it into the window it won't go in very far so it doesn't stay in well. It's worked for the winter, but won't work when I start opening the windows ad it gets nicer out. It says Velcro is another option, but I'm afraid that will damage the door when I try to get it off in the future.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Door-Cover-Protector-Vehicles/dp/B011516CTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456109761&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=dog+car+door+protector&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, those are just like I've got, I actually have this exact one:

Classic Accessories Vehicle Door Protector - Pet Door Shield & Cover for Dogs

Something inside my doors though keeps them from going in all the way. They go in all the way in certain spots, but jot where it needs to. I guess Velcro is probably the best way, I'm just afraid tests really going to leave a mark when I go to take it off.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
seriously, I'm trying to understand the reason for needing anything to protect a car door...

Have had many GSDs in cars, and have good dog 'seatbelts,' but never had one a challenge for the door?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Would blu tack be an option for you? You'd be able to get it off a plastic door interior easily and any residue should clean up with a magic eraser sponge and methylated spirits.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not interested in a crate, he loves rides and would hate being in a crate. It's not car sickness, it's not like he is drooling like mad. All dogs have drool, all dogs have nails, all dogs have hair. I'm just trying to keep the car protected and looking as nice as I can. That's all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts