German Shepherds Forum banner

Protected our home!

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Jenny720 
#1 · (Edited)
10 minutes ago Something very scary just happend and my boy Clay helped my boyfriend protect our home.

So my bf happend to be watching the cctv of our house and noticed 3 men in hoods one with a ski mask on, so he's watching them when they start approaching out front door he shouts for Clay then with Clay by the collar opens the front door and they both Chased the men away.

As soon as Clay saw these men he almost doubled in size let out some very menacing growls and a very deep bark they ran very quickly,
Clay and the bf gave a little chase before the men got in there car and drove away we called the police and reported what happened I told Clay what a good boy he was and gave him a hug I'm so glad we have him but I'm now scared they will come back.

I'm still shaking so I do apologise if this doesn't make much sense.

#8 ·
He is a great dog he's been through a lot but when I look at him he's always smiling back.

#6 ·
Same I will always have a big dog I feel a lot safer with Clay by my side.

Yes his toes are often a funny topic we call them his grinch toes

#4 ·
Very glad to hear you're all okay, what a scary scenario! If it were me I'd be considering a safer approach to defending your home other than a full frontal assault, as this could very well have had a very different outcome depending on the intent of the intruders... Again though, good dog Clay, I'm happy for you that they retreated so readily!

Reactions: happyblond
#5 ·
I totally agree with you and I did scold the bf and told him what could have happened it was all just so fast I don't think he was thinking and I'm glad they are both unharmed hopefully there won't be a next time.

#9 ·
I hope so too, but sit down at a later time and come up with a reasonable plan, just in case!
We called the police and they showed up within 5 minutes so it think that to call them would be the plan we have the cctv so it's all saved and ready for them to look at thank you for you concerns :smile2:

Reactions: tim_s_adams
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.