German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a different pet store yesterday for the first time because they were the only place who had a particular Ruff Wear lead in the Portland area. While there, I decided to check it out to see what else they had to offer. When I was in the kibble section, the workers asked what I was feeding. I mentioned Orijen, Wellness CORE, and Acana. They started hyping up Great Life kibble, a product I've never seen or heard of before, and I thought I was a "grain-free holisitic kibble expert!" Haha. They had a lot of good things to say about it and were very convincing that it was better than the blend I'm already feeding. They gave me some free sample bags to try, and last night my dogs gobbled it up. I searched for it on this board to see if there were any previous discussions, but I couldn't find anything. Please let me know your thoughts. I'm perfectly complacent feeding what we're already doing so well on, but I'm always open to something new if it's proven to be better than what I have them on currently.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
http://pawsch.com/dogs/dog-food/great-life-holistic-lamb.html

Great Life Holistic Lamb

Kibble: New Zealand Lamb, Whole Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Yams,
Blueberries, Cranberries, Kelp, Parsley, Garlic, Artichoke, Fennel, Rosemary
Nutri-Coat: Freeze Dried Raw Food Saturation System: Lamb, Lamb Liver, Pumpkin,Squash, Parsley, Papaya, Sprouted Chia Seed, Kale Sprouts, Broccoli Sprouts, Red Clover
Sprouts, Fenugreek Sprouts, Sunflower Sprouts, Barley Sprouts, Spirulina, Inulin, Digestive Enzymes
Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Pectinase, Lipase, Phytase, Xylanese, Hemicellulase,
Alpha-galactosidase, Invertase, Probiotics-Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation
Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Fermentation Product Dehydrated,
Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Plantarum
Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product
Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Enterococcus
Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Product
Dehydrated, Wild Salmon Oil.
Vitamins (Dl-methione, Lecithin, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate,
Copper Amino Acids Chelate, Manganese Amino Acids Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acids
Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin
B12 Supplement, Thiamone Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin
Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), Minerals (Calcium Pantothenate,
Choline Chloride, Manganese Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Selenium)

% Basis Vitamins
Bulk Density OZ./CUP 3.37 Carotene MG/KG 5.63
Vitamin A IU/KG 19220
Vitamin D IU/KG 2432
Crude Protein min 22% Vitamin E IU/KG 116
Fat min 11% Vitamin K MG/KG 0.75
Fiber max 4% Ascorbic Acid MG/KG 50
Ash min 6 Thiamine MG/KG 11.7
Calcium 1.79 Riboflavin MG/KG 8.35
Phosphorus 1.41 Pantothenic Acid MG/KG 19.11
Biotin MG/KG .45
Folic Acid MG/KG 0.46
M.E. CAL/LB 1706 Choline MG/KG 2989
M.E. Kcal/cup 426 Vitamin B12 MG/KG 0.1
Vitamin B6 MG/KG 4.4
Niacin MG/KG 58.06
Iodine MG/KG 3

Amino Acids Minerals
Methionine-Cystine .74 Sodium 0.41
Methionine 0.43 Potassium 0.63
Cystine 0.31 Chlorine 0.81
Lysine 1.72 Magnesium 0.12
Tryptophan .21 Sulfur 0.20
Threonine .6 Manganese MG/KG 29.6
Isoleucine .91 Iron MG/KG 170.1
Histidine 0.46 Copper MG/KG 18.66
Valine 1.1 Zinc MG/KG 223
Leucine 1.62 Selenium MG/KG 0.34
Arginine 1.49 Others
Phenylalanine-Tyrosine .8 Linoleic Acid 1.92
Linolenic Acid 0.55
Arachidonic Acid .06
Probiotics
Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product Dehydrated
Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product
8.2x10.6 CFU/gm

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Great Life Holistic Lamb - Dog Food - Dogs

Quick Overview

"Great Life Natural Dog Food is the most unique and nutritious dog food to come to market. Our motto is Quality is #1 for all of our pet products. Great Life is "The Art of Healthy Eating" Food process- we have studied variation in temperatures while the kibble is cooking determining the best temperature which allows for the most amount of expansion and contraction to saturate the kibble with our freeze dried raw food and nutrient mix. We cook the kibble at a temperature range of 185-205 degrees allowing for the destruction of pathogens while not killing off every nutrient. The warm kibble is the then moved to a specially designed nozzle to allow the spraying of all the freeze dried nutrients. It is then put into a cool room to contract the kibble pores-thus each kibble piece is uniquely saturated through out and around each kibble piece We created the concept of a freeze dried dog food nutrition package incorporating freeze dried protein sources, full spectrum of digestive enzymes, micro-encapsulated probiotics, super fruits, super greens and sun ripened vegetables enclosed in salmon oil and then saturated throughout our wholesome kibble.

This amazing combination allows dogs to feed on a nutrient active dog food. While other dog foods have their nutrition cooked out- our organic/ natural dog food nutrition is active and very tasty."

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've never heard of that kibble either! I've been feeding my 5 month old raw for breakfast and lunch and kibble for dinner. Right now I'm feeding him Natural balance grain free but I'm looking to switch to a different kibble! I think I might have to read up on that one! :)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I don't like it. From what LaRen posted, it only has one protein source and a bunch of random fillers. Not for me.

I'm of the camp; if it's not broke, don't fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts