German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25,396 Posts
I would get at least a 24". Karlo is in a 27" and it is tight getting it over his ears. Too big is fine, because you can backchain it to fit. I never have my fursaver on the live ring, its always dead and the only time I use it is at the club for all three phases, and when I track I use it.
I use a flat w/ tags, all other times and it isn't a 2" agitation. My dogs do not wear collars unless we are training or off property. A fursaver is dangerous, IMO if it isn't attached to a leash attached to your hand.
Your clubs TD or helper will let you know what you need as far as protection goes. I prefer a harness for beginning dogs, and then move on to others. You may be able to borrow a harness instead of investing in one for your sessions.

· Registered
25,396 Posts
I would go with the 24". Sounds like Jake is going to be good sized.
In my previous post, I thought Karlo was in a 27", I just measured it is a 24" and a 4mm. He is 90+# and has a thick neck. It fits over his head, but not with much slack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.