German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My breeder is holding a session this weekend for all litter owners on introducing a prong collar. It’s been 10 years since I have bought one. Got any favorite brands for me?

Please and thanks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Herm Sprenger Curogen 3.25mm links. The links are just the right size, not too big or small and curogen metal is a little softer and lighter so it has a better feel to the handler.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, thank you! He said to get a large one and remove prongs. Pup is almost 5 months, I assume the Herm will work this way and last to adult size by adding back?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Herm Sprenger online retail has them for $39.99. Don't know what shipping would cost or how long it would take. I was lucky because the equipment co. is down the street from me and I didn't have to pay shipping or wait.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herm Sprenger online retail has them for $39.99. Don't know what shipping would cost or how long it would take. I was lucky because the equipment co. is down the street from me and I didn't have to pay shipping or wait.

$9 bucks for ground, not an option and $19 bucks for “urgent” 3-5 days lol. I’ll got with Amazon next day.

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Herm Sprenger, 3.25mm. I use the chrome plated ones. Easier on my hands to get the on and off than the stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Be careful with Amazon. I have historically ordered 3 prongs from them. 2 were cheap knockoffs. It seems the black ones and currogan ones are usually the real deal. The chrome ones are easy for people to make knock offs of. So if you have to go Prime (I live by Prime) get either a black or currogan(sp?) one

·
Registered
437 Posts
Herm Sprenger, 3.25mm. I use the chrome plated ones. Easier on my hands to get the on and off than the stainless steel.
This.

We went with stainless steel, though, to resist rust. The chrome eventually wore off at the joints for us. Could be I got a knock-off.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts