German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's going on a about 1 yr since our 6 yr old female Sable has been leaking somewhat. It has gotten worse this summer with wetting to in her bed or when she is sleeping. Did a urine test, all fine. Vet & I decided to try proin. This has helped, but sure don't want to give her this everyday for the rest of her life.

Have narrowed it down to 1/4 or 1/2 of a pill one time a day, every day.

Any suggestions ?

Also, why is this going on with her ? Spayed too early (did at 6 months before 1st heat) ??? If we ever get another female, don't want this to happen to her. :(

Thanks for any advice..............

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jean............. :)

I just worry about keeping her on it for a long time & the effects of keeping her on it ? She has been on it daily for over a month now.

If she doesn't take, will wet big dinner + size puddles in her bed area & licks & licks herself. :( Has herself stained brown now from past licking.

Our Golden lived to be 9, spayed her the same way & she never did this. :confused:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not heard of synthetic estrogen nor have dealt with any major health issues, thanks goodness.

Jean, Last leaking accident that was plate sz was only a one time thing. She normally leaks more like saucer sz or less. I have been leaving water out all night for her also & think I'm going back to no water at night for crew.

I have no clue on all dog health issues, meds & their uses, + using for long term, that's why I posted. :confused: I'm stumped why this happening & now feel my fault for spaying too early, if that's the cause ? :(

Have noticed tho on Proin, not much leaking nor licking all the time ! Just hate to keep using daily, afraid might cause other health issues ? :confused:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In some milder cases, you can try fresh ground flaxseed for a natural phytoestrogen.

Thanks Lisa ! Would like to go the more natural way. ;) Read one link above about corn silk. Now, it's just finding this stuff ! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts