German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I posted here! My boy Einstein is 9 years old and happy and healthy overall (aside from the usual allergy issues). My girl Lady is 8 and has zero health issues but is still reactive on leash. Einstein has been suffering from incontinence for the past year. We ruled out medical issues via our vet (urine, prostate, fecal, blood - all fine).

Our vet put him on Proin and it works well! Before I commit to long-term usage I wanted to get some opinions on the health issues / long term effects of using Proin. I did the searching online but as usual it's either "100% safe to use!" or "it will kill your dog". What do folks here think?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
My dobie was on Proin for the last three years or so of her life (when she passed at 10 years old, it had nothing to do with the medicine). She showed no ill effects.

·
Super Moderator
6,256 Posts
My Dobe was on Proin for years. She lived to be 14 and a half. When she was 12, my vet asked me if I was sure she was that old. Her health was great, no arthritis, vision problems, heart problems, nothing.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
My first GSD "Heidi" was on Proin for many years, she lived to 14.

Nikki is on Proin & Incurin and has been for years, she is nine now and no issues so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Great Pyrenees is on Proin and has been for about four years (she's 6). If your dog needs it, they need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts