German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, as I was walking Rocky, we were on the sidewalk when a micro-dog (chihuahua) came running out of a garage barking and ran across the street at us. Rocky saw him and instead of immediately lunging for him, he actually BOWED like a playful act toward the tiny dog, and he barked, but he more pranced back and forth instead of pulling like a crazy dog. I consider this progress in his training and tolerance toward other dogs. Now, why on earth anyone would have their dog loose where he can run across a street at a dog, I have no clue. But, we just kept walking and I kept telling Rocky how good he was being for settling down so soon.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That definitely sounds like progress. Its a good thing he is starting to learn manners. Unfortunately, there are people out there who just don't want to obey the law by having their pets on lead. Not only is it dangerous for a passerby, but the animal as well.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Now, why on earth anyone would have their dog loose where he can run across a street at a dog,
Good question. Last weekend I was driving down my street and a black lab came running out of his garage straight at my car. I tried to stop in time but I ended up hitting him. I felt soo terrible and upset at the stupid owners who didn't keep their dog contained. They were in the garage with him and trying to get him to stop but he completely ignored them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts