·
Super Moderator
32,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
32,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She kinda looks like a crazy dog in that last one, lol. Steve, Jamie took Dante for a session too. She posted a few of the photos on Facebook, and they're fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
5,366 Posts
wonderful! black on black looks so dramatic but it is tough to do just right. These are gorgeous but I don't have to tell you that!

·
Super Moderator
7,709 Posts
Nice!I kept thinking this is my favorite.....No this is my favorite....no,lol!They are all great:)

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Super Moderator
32,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These with her ball are funny!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I would love these if I could, she's beautiful. Great pictures, and heaven knows taking pictures of black faced dogs can be trying.

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Super Moderator
32,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve definitely has the lighting down. It can be challenging photographing some breeds against a black background, but he knows what he's doing. He also has outdoor sessions, but after seeing photos a friend in Illinois posted of her two longcoat WGSL dogs on Facebook as part of the On Black series, I wanted to do it too and was so excited to see that Steve was going to be in the Bay Area.

He is so good with dogs, Cava responded amazingly well to him, posing like a supermodel. She loves people so I wasn't concerned about that, but she's a bouncy puppy and I wasn't sure we'd get her to stay still long enough to get some good shots. Does she have a stand stay? Nope, not yet. But she stood there following the treat with her head this way and that while he snapped away, getting different angles. And to get some great head tilts, and for her to relax enough to put her head down on the floor, and even to roll onto her side - I did not expect that!

The sessions aren't cheap, but unlike other photographers I've seen, 12-15 edited digital images are included for you to download and use however you like. I actually got 30. And rather than selling prints at a huge markup, he sells them at his cost. A 5 x 7 is $1.80, and a 4 x 6 is under a dollar. Most seem to charge a session fee (which is often more than what Steve charges) you don't necessarily get free digital images and prints are expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts