German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new here. :)

I'm not sure this is the right place for this thread, if it isn't, I hope it is moved.

We bought Hera to a new breeder where we hadn't bought any other dog yet. She sounded very responsible and professional, and the fact that she had won so many competitions around all Europe gave us a lot of confidence. She showed us the parents of our puppy (by the way Hera was the last of her litter, which I didn't like), which were both sons of very famous dogs, and their respective pedigrees, they both were from german breeders.

She gave us the guaranty of displasia and told us that she didn't have the pedigrees of the litter yet. That she had already processed them at the time the pups were born and she would recieve them in 6 months. I personally didn't like that at all. During my life I have bought 6 GSD's, and all of them came with their respective pedigrees at the time of the purchase. But my father decided to trust her and we took the pup.

It's been 7 months now, and we haven't recieved anything. I send her a message 3 weeks ago asking for them, and she told me she would recieve them soon, that this time the process was taking longer than usual. This has never happened to me, so I'm not sure she's telling me the hole truth or not.

Thank you very much, I hope you can help me!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
If the parents of the litter only had German SV papers, then yes, it does take this much time to get the parents and the litter AKC registered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts