German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zack knows Rally & if his handler can keep it together, we might get our first rally leg this Saturday. The problem is that my husband cannot come & watch. He is the Human Cookie Dispenser in our house & of course Zack thinks he hung the moon. So, if DH is outside of the ring, Zack is a jerk. If DH is nowhere in sight, no problem.

I told my husband that he needs to come to our training, fun matches & practice rings if he wants to come to our shows so that Zack gets used to seeing him. I doubt that will happen.

Anybody else have this problem? Did your dog outgrow it? Or should I just hire a video person for DH? :p

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
No DH allowed at our shows. They would have gotten past it with enough practice, but he wasn't going to sign up for that practice. So, he stays at home.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No DH allowed at our shows. They would have gotten past it with enough practice, but he wasn't going to sign up for that practice. So, he stays at home.
Sounds like you taught your DH the "stay" command. :D

If I could only teach mine the "fold laundry" command...:smirk:

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
I had to ask my hubby to stop coming to Dena's agility classes. He used to come and take pictures, but she always knew exactly where he was, or would be looking around until she found him. We'd do a short sequence and she'd run over to say hi to him. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Oh, I feel your pain. It does NOT work to have both of us around. We don't show, but even training is a pain. We did one class where the instructors brought their dogs, and DH worked with one of them. OMG you would have thought the world was ending.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts