German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4year old GSD that has started having diarrhea - No food change - just finished antibiotics - anyone recommend a good probiotic? She also has bad skin allergies and someone told me probiotics could help. Thoughts??

·
Registered
310 Posts
I gave my dog Purina FortiFlora packets for a week or so after/during antibiotics prescribed for diarrhea (unknown cause). It's a bit pricey (around $1 per packet) but seemed to help my dog. I give her a packet every once and while now when she gets gassy, seems to help.

Her food (Diamond Naturals) also contains probiotics, though how well probiotics in dry food work is questionable from what I've read. Look at any probiotics on chewy and you'll see reviews from people whose dogs wouldn't eat them or for whom they didn't work. The FortiFlora at least seems to be universally tasty.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My bitch has just completed a 2 weeks course of antibiotics and I gave her probiotics during and after the course.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,351 Posts
I like the Jarrows Petdophilus. It has canine specific flora in it. Yes, I always follow an abx round with probiotics or give the probiotics a couple hours after the antibiotics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts