German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this type of fencing everyone finds avoids any kind of conflict with new neibours or dogs that move in next doors that might be aggresive? Will dogs fence fight through these kinds of fences? Just curious? I have never seen it personally but i always live in the country before.

Course no dog left out while you are not there at home.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I've seen some dogs still fight through a privacy fence. We live in a private lot with no adjoining neighbors, but my friend has a fence that is connected with her neighbors. Their dogs don't fence fight, but do like to play chase up and down the fence line.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Our fence is a cinder block wall. There is no fence fighting. If the neighbor's dogs bark my dogs will often join in. That is a bit annoying, but no fence fighting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We have one neighbor whose dogs are very bad at fence fighting. They share a chain link fence on one side and fence fight constantly and a privacy fence to the back and very limited activity there. A little barking back and forth but not the overly aggressive behavior she gets on the chain link side. Interestingly enough we share a chain link fence with her and her dogs play with Zoe just fine. They run up and down the fence line together and Zoe will lick their nose through the fence. Don't know if it is because she is a puppy or a female or both but we've never had any issues.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I'm getting my privacy fence on Monday, so right now the dogs are on leash or in their dog run. So far I've had a visiting GSD and a cocker spaniel come and visit, thankfully none of my dogs were out, or should I say Midnite. There are other dogs in the neighborhood and when they bark mine have barked back a couple times, but they stop quickly. I have one neighbor on on side and one in the back. My privacy fence will be about 10 feet from both property lines, with mulch in between and then another fence all the way around. If either of my neighbors got dogs they couldn't get close enough to the fence to fence fight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts