German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"ZEUS" is an owner turn in and he's in the Mercer County Shelter in Princeton WV. Zeus is not on their petfinder site yet! Mercer is a kill shelter and they are overflowing with dogs right now. All that is known about him right now is that he is a big boy, 18 mos old and an owner turn in as the owner decided he wanted a rottie instead of a gsd! The shelter phone number is 304 425 2838

Here is a link to the shelter's petfinder site: MERCER COUNTY SHELTER PETFINDER SITE

As always, there is low cost boarding available close by and there seems to be more transports coming near that area heading north most weekends. If I can be of help for anyone interested in this big boy please pm me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Re: PRINCETON WV-18 MOS BIG PRETTY BOY "ZEUS"

that is so sad. I just want to hug him and pet him and tell him its going to be alright

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I called the shelter and talked with Lisa who says Zeus is a wonderful dog. He's housebroken, loves kids, cats a bit iffy, and he's been around with other dogs. No mention from the owner of him having had any vaccinations! I'm going ahead and having him given a parvo/combo vaccination and nasal bordatella just to be safe since it doens't sound like he's been vaccinated...

·
Registered
964 Posts

does that mean he has been rescued?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

NO! HE'S STILL AVAILABLE!! Since I had so little info on him I just checked with the shelter to get more info on him and I'm just getting him vaccinated to give him some protection while in the shelter... but he's definatley in need of adoption/rescue!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

handsome boy and he deserves to be in a better home. I feel sorry for that rottie.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally Posted By: GSDgirlALhandsome boy and he deserves to be in a better home. I feel sorry for that rottie.
Yeah, you're right.. the Rottie will probably show up in the shelter in a few months!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

I can help transport to rescue or approved adopter.

Shannon
VGSR member

·
Registered
16 Posts

Can anyone tell me if this guys is still available?? If so whats the fees for him and can Iget help transporting him through WV???

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

Hi Silverwolf - Here's the # for the shelter, please let us know if they can help you or if you find out any other info!

304-425-2838

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Silverwolf:

Welcome to the Board. Where do you live? Are you working with any GSD or other rescue groups? Are you approved for adoption by a GSD or other rescue group?

Shannon
VGSR member

·
Registered
16 Posts

Well I just lost my 12 year old silver/sable GSD about a week ago. Still beating myself up over having the vet come to our home for euthanasia. But he is better off. I was told about this board from Lea from the Virginia GSD Rescue. I am looking for another little buddy. Every rescue I talk with has to make home visits. I seem to be a geographical oddity. I am in Gallipolis Ferry, WV. Its very near Point Pleasant but only an hour or so from Huntington, Charleston or Parkersburg. So I have been looking on Pet Finder . com for GSD's. We saved a silver/sable GSD/husky two years ago from a shelter near Lexington, KY. Thats about all that I know to tell. If anyone has questions feel free to email me:
[email protected]

Roy

·
Registered
16 Posts

As I was posting I called the shelter and Zeus has been adopted.

Roy

1 - 20 of 87 Posts