German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Dogsaver you have to figure out how to post pictures, did you read the PM i sent you a few days ago.

This beautiful German Shepherd appears to be purebred and looking for a furrever home. It is located in one of the outside runs at the shelter so please hurry! It's time is very limited, so please don't wait to come see 'em.
Please contact the Mercer County Animal Shelter
at (304) 425-2838 or
by email at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
dogsaver, I have the same problem! That's why I just gave up & let others post the dogs! lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
bump

·
Registered
910 Posts
Here are some more pictures of "Max" I took when I was at the shelter today.

Max is a pretty plush coated boy and he really loves attention. He barked a little assertively when I first approached his run. They said he does that, esp when a woman approaches. The guy who works there went in and got him and he was fine with him... Max was a bit apprehensive to approach me at first but then made friends with me and liked the attention. He let me check his ears, teeth, paws and give him big bear hugs. He walked well on leash and sat when asked. We let him visit with the other dogs thru the wire runs and he showed no aggressive behavior towards any of them. When he was put back in the pen after our visit he stayed at the gate and wanted to get more attention. Lisa was a bit unsure of his prospects of being adopted because of his assertive barking at people who approach his run. I'm really concerned for his chances of getting out of there... he's a good boy.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
77 Posts
FORRUGER, your pictures are just wonderful. The pictures are worth 1000 words. The video was great too. Thanks for taking the time to get these done. Do you know anything more about the shelter? How much more time does he have?

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
This is a HIGH KILL facility. Mercer HUMANE does not have the dogs...but are just advocating for them. THIS dog is at the Mercer County Animal Shelter!

"The Mercer County Humane Society is an organization of individuals who care about the welfare of animals and want to try to help educate individuals of the overpopulation and effects it has caused in these now overcrowded shelters! We do not own nor run the area shelter , which is owned but the Mercer County Commission but we do provide information on the shelters animals and their contact information. The animal shelter can only hold an animal for a certain period of time and due to the overpopulation has to humanely euthenize once it gets crowded. We provide the contact info of who you need to contact for each animal on their info page. Please do not contact the humane society about an animal which is at the shelter, they need to be contacted directly."

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't have any idea how much time Max has left except that he's been there a few weeks now... Yes, they are high kill and get quite a large number of dogs in all the time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Max is such a handsome boy!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Bump to pg 1 for poor Max!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts