German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Max was an owner seized BEAUTIFUL in tact male who's currently in the Mercer County Shelter in Princeton WV. Lisa the shelter mgr said

"We seized this guy because a man had him tied outside to a doorknob on a leash with no food or water. He didn't have food or water, so His name is Max and he is approximately 4 years old, not neutered. He is very sweet! Lisa"

Please contact the Mercer County Shelter if anyone is able to help Max . Contact info:

Mercer County Animal Shelter, Princeton, WV
Max may not be on the shelter website. The shelter would like to adopt him out of the area to make sure he finds a GOOD home and limit his chances of being located by the prior owner and taken back. However Max has been in the shelter for a while now and is now starting to cough.
The shelter will pts dogs with KC. (honestly!) Lisa the mgr is concerned for his well being because he is now coughing and she can only do so much to keep him safe. They just can't afford to treat all dogs with KC and haven't any way to quarantine those with it.

Any help out their for pretty boy Max please call the shelter as soon as possible. Lisa said he's a super sweet dog.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Bump for the poor boy, I hope he gets a home soon or at least a rescue pulls him.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
bump!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
my sister lives in WV. I'll contact her and see if her and her mom can pull him.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any help that can be given would be wonderful. Lisa Nisbet the shelter mgr can give more info on him... she is VERY trustworthy in her evaluations and she did say up front he is a wonderful dog.

IF any rescues would be interested in him MAYBE they could pull him under their 501c3 status and your sister could foster for them... Unless your sister is interested in adopting him herself. I still have a foster dog at my house and 'no room at the inn' to take in another foster.

THere is also inexpensive boarding close by though we've been getting a good bit of snow and the road into the kennels is usually not in good condition and no one can get them there.

But anyways,please let us know IF your sister can help beautiful Max. He is a gorgeous sweet looking boy. THANK YOU>

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
GSD male in Princeton, WV

FORRUGER:

Would you please let me know if he is good with other dogs (males and females)?

I am also close enough to help with transport potentially if someone needs to move him to foster care or for adoption.

Shannon

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i havent heard anything definite from my sister. She's still talking to her mom about it but so far she hasnt said no so thats a good sign. Should hear something about it tonight after work. I'll message her again and see how the decision is going. But hopefully they'll be able to do it!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Bump for big boy Max.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to call Lisa at the shelter to see if she can give more info on him... HOPE he's doing ok!!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
GSD in Princeton, WV male

FORRUGER:

I called the shelter and spoke with Jeannette today. She is going to get me some more information later this afternoon and I am to call her back. Lisa is off today.

Shannon

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Shannon, Yup, Jeanette told me you'd called so and she was getting additional info on him for you. So ... hope it's good info. Pat

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Princeton, WV - Male GSD Black and Tan, 4 yrs.

Pat:

Jeanette said that he passed his temperament test with flying colors. Now trying to find a rescue that has room for him.

Shannon

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Wowza - what a gorgeous boy. Let's tie the owner to a doorknob without food and water for Christmas :mad:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HMMMM...that sounds like a good idea to me!!LOL
Hoping someone has room for him. . .

Also want to post that my home email address ISP has changed to "suddenlink.net' for anyone who's emailed me at home. I haven't had time to notify hardly anyone!! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Forruger please email ASR intake...she tried to email you at your "old" address re: this boy and is waiting to hear from you.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
GSD male in Princeton, WV - 4 yrs. /black and tan

Rascal's Mom Sue:

Who/which group is ASR? I am going to call the shelter this morning to see if my vet check was done and approved. I am willing to pull and foster if that would help. I hope that Jeannette and/or Lisa is at work today.

Shannon

1 - 20 of 49 Posts