German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend we got to watch my sisters springer spaniel Lady, her and Gandalf got along so well! Shes an ancient dog, 16 or 17 years old I think they said and I was surprised at her energy lol. Every morning she would "spring" around the kitchen ready to go for a walk, she gave Gandalf a good run for his money. He met her when he was a puppy and she dwarfed him, boy he has gotten so big! As much fun as it was it made me realizing having two dogs is so much more work, definitely fun to watch her but I can't imagine having more than one dog! Gandalf was sweet and gentle as always and seemed to sense her age, I'm always amazed with how sensitive he is with other animals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I like springer spaniels. The one I knew was kind of a spaz, but he was beautiful and probably under-exercised. That one looks amazing for being 16 to 17 years old! I didn't know they were such a long-lived breed! I wish shepherds lived that long.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like springer spaniels. The one I knew was kind of a spaz, but he was beautiful and probably under-exercised. That one looks amazing for being 16 to 17 years old! I didn't know they were such a long-lived breed! I wish shepherds lived that long.
Lol Lady was a spazz back in her day, I remember when she was a little puppy she would randomly get that "springer rage!", there really is no other way to describe it. Shes always been a pretty good dog though, very different from a shepherd however. I wish our dogs lived longer too.... she has outlived TWO of my german shepherds and now is best friends with my third. She still walks several miles everyday, I love how agile she is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts