German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's naked and in season, but happy. OFA's next month, and then on to the GSDCA national!! She should have coat by then (THANK GOD!!!!!)!

Jon and Wes playing fizbee

Her kangaroo impression

One more stack for good measure

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
GOOD LUCK!

Stop by the agility ring to see Bretta and Glory B!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I like your last stack much better than the other two (but I know conformation peeps really like the stretched out look). She's a very nice looking dog!

(And that's also a great choice of handgun, that M&P.) Good luck in the Nationals!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last stack doesn't show off her angles well, Willy ;) The second is actually my favorite of the three.

She looks the most balanced and her croup looks the best there.

Thank you for the compliments and well wishes. Send all your thoughts to her for good OFA results and to GROW SOME HAIR!!

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Nice!! Good luck on the OFA, and you'd better brush up on your note taking for the National, because I want details!

If you figure out how to magically grow coat, let me know. Sage's is coming out in handful's today. Kinda puts the damper on entering her in Hot Springs in two weeks. If we had finished her these last two weeks, I wouldn't be obsessing over coat right now. :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The German Shepherd Dog Club of America is holding the centennial national this year. While other events are hosted (and horrifically underrated), this is considered the premier event for conformation (showing) for the GSD in the USA.

Diane, Wesson's coat is coming back in, and she already looks better than she did a week ago!

Pictures from today

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good luck!!!
My boys and I are off to the Canadian nationals in a few weeks and I am getting excited! Cajun in the veterans class and Eli in agility and TEC.
Have fun, play nice and kick butt!

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
I'm soooo jealous!!! I want to go to the National! I talked to my handler about it, and she told me that she will have to start running 5 miles a day to show Carly at the Nat'l. Carly is a powerful mover, and will likely kill my handler. :p

And Sage has officially gone out of coat, knocking her out of showing until about November. Arghh. I just raked my fingers through her croup and it all came out. Oh, great. Guess we might be showing that girl to Jimmy Moses in Springfield after all, LOL!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Jimmy could llike her. Not sure if that show will draw a major though.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
I agree on the major being iffy. Either people are going to want to show to Jimmy, or avoid it. I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's a major. If not, I'm still showing Carly as a special. My handler belongs to that kennel club, and we said we'd come to support them. She informed me that she couldn't handle at her own show, but that's fine. I have a backup. :)

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
And... We have a lovely puppy bitch (my Russell's litter sister) that we might enter. :)

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I will be attending as a spectator with my mother (for whom this is a bucket list type of event). It would be great to meet some of the forum members in October!

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
When they are blowing their coat, and all that nice fluffy undercoat comes out, what you are left with is a dog that is "out of coat". I had a thread about it last year, about showing my dog Carly when she was out of coat. There are pictures. Go check it out! --> my naked show dog!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
When they are blowing their coat, and all that nice fluffy undercoat comes out, what you are left with is a dog that is "out of coat". I had a thread about it last year, about showing my dog Carly when she was out of coat. There are pictures. Go check it out! --> my naked show dog!
Omg lol when does this happen? Your dog's tail looks so naked)))))
And her behind too. Well, can't wait))))))

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With bitches, usually happens before or right after they come into season. My bitch is currently naked and I'm in a panic about her having enough hair for the national

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
With bitches, usually happens before or right after they come into season. My bitch is currently naked and I'm in a panic about her having enough hair for the national
She looks very nice as it is but I'm no expert. When does this happen for the boys?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
She looks very nice as it is but I'm no expert. When does this happen for the boys?
My pup is naked right now too and it's SO much more noticeable on a long coat too, if it weren't for his ear floofs he'd look like a normal stock coat! He started blowing his coat last month around the time he hit a year old though not sure if it also has to the with the time of year or not.

Btw I think Wes is such a looker! Wish you guys the best of luck! :)

Ollie's coat now(not trying to hijack!)

Untitled (2013-09-17 05:33:51) by Carriesue82, on Flickr

And when he has coat

Untitled (2013-05-21 01:40:28) by Carriesue82, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 58 Posts