German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post so please move if need be.

My 4.5 year old male passed away about 2 months ago. It was a difficult loss and its still difficult each and every day. There is something missing in my life and there is no doubt a dog is what is missing. I had him trained in blood tracking for big game recovery.

I am getting closer to the point where I want to get another puppy. I think I have found a working blood line breeder about 4 hours with me, and I am going to be visiting with her in the upcoming weeks. (Visiting but not getting puppy until a later point). I want to prepare by reading some literature and watching DVD's of raising a working dog. I want to take it a step further and train in Schutzhund as well as the blood tracking. I am a farmer and also would love to train to herd cattle. I am not sure if all of these things can be done with one dog or not.

This breeder I am looking at I know would have a wealth of information as well since she trains her dogs in Schutzhund. This is a club in my state, but I have reached out to them in years past and they werent much help when I told them I wanted to join. I am on here asking if anyone knows of good sources to help me before my next puppy arrives. I also am subscribed with Duke Ferguson which I feel is a great trainer/teacher for dog behavior.

I have looked at leerburg, and heard so many great things. There are just so many videos and DVDs and it looks like to watch them all it gets pretty costly, quickly. For those of you that use him, any videos that would be best?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts