German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking my almost 5 month old puppy's teeth and I noticed his left bottom premolar, closest to the big molars is super loose and wiggly. It also looks a bit bloody and red around the tooth. I checked the other bottom premolar on his right side and that one is not wiggly at all. I am not sure if it is a puppy premolar tooth or an adult premolar tooth but I am so worried that it might be an adult tooth. What should I do? He also currently does not have any canines yet, but I can tell he is going to loose them soon because it is getting wiggly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Photo? It should be pretty easy to tell if it's an adult or a puppy tooth. How big is it in relation to the other teeth? It's right around the time that the adult teeth would be growing in so it's probably just that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow, his teeth look super stained, your puppy is only 5 months old?? It's actually hard to tell, it looks kind of big, but it's probably a baby tooth due to his age.

·
Registered
457 Posts
He needs a tooth brushing.:) Yes, it looks like a baby tooth coming out. My five month old had a bloody mouth for days with teeth coming out right and left, including his HUGE premolars, which I still haven't figured out if the back molars are out yet. (?) It was a little disturbing at first, but it's fine. You just have to get used to seeing bloody stains on the dog toys. He'll be fine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You may want to get him some dental chew toys to clean his teeth up a bit. They are pretty dirty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! Thank you for your responses!
He will be 5 months in about a week. And yes, they are stained. He has been bleeding quite a bit and he eats kibble so that doesn't help. I give him dental chew toys that taste like chicken or bison but he doesn't have much interest in them. He also gets bully sticks and chicken feet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts