German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Had a quick search of the forums, but wanted to hear your updated thoughts in regards to the better harnesses out there? I want it more for tracking and protection work.

I've been looking at two (2) harnesses:

1) Bridgeport Equipment Tracking Harness; and
2) Yurkiw Protection and Tracking Dog Harness

Your thoughts on these or any others? I wont be investing in one for a few months as Cooper is still very young and growing to fast to warrant investing in one.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I like #1 for protection (that is what I have) but not for anything else, way to bulky and heavy. I'm currently using a Julius IDC beltharness and I've tried it for just about everything (nosework, protection, dock diving, flyball....). It's strong but not as bulky and heavy as harnesses with big pads or saddles and buckles all over. For Schutzhund tracking you don't need a harness.

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
hopefully this link works...food for thought:
The No-Pull Debate - Whole Dog Journal Article
as far as tracking/protection, as Sue said, you really don't need it for either of them. I hardly ever use my Bridgeport, even though my dog looks strong and handsome in it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The one from bridgeport is better and stronger but little bit heavier. When we fostered a senior lab, we had to brought this kind lifting harness and it is great for carrying injured dogs too. Just thought to share as it works great for us: Auto Harness Up and Out Harness Lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts