German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would say your puppy is going to look similar to the parent wearing the green collar and red lead (the second adult pic)

·
Super Moderator
8,517 Posts
^Same.
Patterned sable like mom.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know she's a sable. I know it's tough to determine how dark sables will be. I was hoping for a dark dark sable. I was wondering about what age she would start to darken up and suggustions as to how dark she would be. If both the parents were sable, I'd predict her to be somewhere between the coat color of both of them. Wasn't sure with one of the parents being a Black and Tan. Thank you all for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
She will darken up as she grows and around 9 months to 11 months old what you see is what she is...=)

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
She will probably be about the same color as she was at birth. I doubt she'll be dark. Mine is dark and his belly was black as spades as a puppy and as an adult. Ive been told both of those things are an indication of finsl color. I don't see that in yours.

Mine has continued to darken as he's agef.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh wow. That's a beautiful dog! Based on those pictures at 5 weeks old, I would not have thought he would have got that dark. That's a beautiful dog! I'll post some pictures of her in a couple days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts