German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it can be really hard to say what their coats will do but I'd still like to hear people's thoughts! Ollie is almost 8 months and his coloring as not changed much from 8 weeks, he mostly just got more red on his undersides, his chest and a little more on his face along with the grey butt fluffs now starting to come in. Do you think he might stay a blanket back? His dam and several other dogs on her side are solid black dogs if that makes any difference. Thanks for any input!

My handsome boy by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Mission trails hike by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Mission Trails by Carriesue82, on Flickr

IMG_8645_edited-1 by Carriesue82, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
7-8 months is when mine started loosing more black. By 9-10 months she lost most of the black on the legs and she got more red in her.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I have no idea, but I think he's beautiful..I love the close-up...

·
Registered
344 Posts
He's so Handsome :wub: I have no idea, but just wanted to add that for us also, Dixie started losing more black on the leg's/chest at 9 month's.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
WOW amazingly beautiful dog you have! And yes looks like he will stay a Black and Red Blanket back, again GORGEOUS!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I guess we shall see if things start changing over the next couple months, I do hope he stays blanket back though. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts