German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Lots of prayers head to little Lou, come on little man you can do it.

Thank you for rescueing him.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
C'mon Little Loo!

I just made a donation for Little Loo's care in honor and memory of my beloved JayDee, who left us for the Rainbow Bridge on Monday.

Noble Rescue helped get JayDee to me and I will always be grateful to them for their help.

Please know that we are sending good thoughts his way!

·
Registered
624 Posts
He just keeps getting worse - I didn't think he could get worse. I'm so sad.

He's vomiting and diarrhea every hour and even more lethargic. I didn't think he could be more lethargic.

I'm sick about this.

Yesterday when I visited him I gave him a kiss on the nose for each person pulling for him and listed all the names.

·
Registered
624 Posts
the vet just called, they are basically recommending I come in to end his suffereing. THey can not get him stable.

I don't know what to do...

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Can you call one of our southern friends more used to Parvo? I know sometimes up here our vets don't have the same experience in dealing with it and maybe if you talk to someone like avamom or pupresq or whoever...they may be able to give you some insight.

I am very sorry. He looks like the sweetest, goofiest little guy.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Terry just called and she is on her way to the vet right now. They said he lost about a liter of blood in this last episode of diarrhea. Poor Loo and poor Terry. I just can't imagine if I had been faced with that decision with Lilli. This poor boy has been under vet care since Monday in one way or another and been on iv meds and fluids since Wednesday, so I feel that they have been doing everything possible for him. I do know that he's been on numerous iv meds, including cerenia for the vomiting and that hasn't slowed down at all. What amazes me is that he was so healthy looking and had good weight on him and it still didn't help his chances.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I am so sorry for Loo-know that you are loved and my heart goes out to everyone at Echo during this difficult time.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Re: Rest in Peace Little Loo

I don't know how to write this, I am heartbroken.

Loo was euthanized this afternoon. It was truly euthanasia. He was so sick. He was in such awful shape, it was terrible to see him like that. I don't want describe the details, but I will never forget them.

I held him as he took his last breath and relaxed. I gave him lots of kisses and told him how sorry I was.

I know it doesn't help, but the what ifs are killing me.

He should have grown into his big paws and played and jumped with other dogs. I keep thinking of all the things he never experienced. I keep looking at the picture of him healthy.

Thank you for all your good thoughts.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts

Oh, Terry! (((((Hugs ))))) I am so very, very sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you now.
Sweet Little Loo knew love, devotion, and spoiling before he went. he knew tenderness, caring, humor, and warmth. He knew a full tummy, caring hands, soft eyes, and loving stroking. Because of you, Loo klnew what the joy of being cherished feels like.

The awful images will fade in time, to be replaced by remembering his silly sweet puppy antics. The memories will soon no longer be painful, but rather give you a warm feeling. You were there for him. He knew that.

For now, my heart goes out to you. Wishing you some measure of comfort and a bit of peace during this painful time.

Rest sweet and run free, darling Little Loo.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

Oh no. Can I tell you - this week has sucked - it has just sucked ditch water.

I mistakenly thought Little Loo was with Noble. So, I just got back from making a donation to Echo in his honor. No doubt he incurred some high costs for Echo Rescue.

Dog Speed to the Bridge Little Loo. JayDee will look out for you.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

OH TERRY!! Such a heartbreak!!! Poor, poor little man, he radiates such goodness in his sweet face!!!

How helpless we feel when they are so sick, we can't see or fight the enemy for him, as much as we wish we could. His loss is one to everyone who would have known him, something special in him comes across, even in his photos.

Terry--you must be heartsick! There are few things worse for a doglover than to know that a loved one is losing a battle. If we could love our dogs in to living throught it all, we would never lose any of them.

And when an unexplained or sudden death happens, it cheats us twice---first of our loved one, second of our peace of mind as it causes us to second guess ourselves and what we did, didn't do or think we missed.

Please don't do too much of this---we can be overly harsh on ourselves in the process of grieving when sometimes, dogs and people die and we never really know why. It's a terrible reminder of how fragile life is, even these mighty, noble beasts are so easily taken from us for reasons that often make no sense.

My hat is off to you for your huge heart. As an integral part of the Echo Dogs rescue, you have seen a lot of dogs come and go. Yet your heart embraced Lucky Loo as much as if he were the only dog in the world, and he knew it and felt it. The more we love dogs, the more pain we have upon losing them. Your huge heart is your vulnerable point, but I have no doubt that when the bell rings to resccue the next one, you will be at the front of the line ready to take on the next challenge, and in part, in the name of Loo and others who did not make it.

Run Free little Loo, and watch over Terry as she does the good work she does for other angels.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts