German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 month old German Shepherd walks like a horse prancing . I love it because it looks so elegant . Is this normal characteristic for a German Shepherd to have ? anyone's dog do this behavior ?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The only dogs I ever saw prance were dogs that were very confident and I only have seen 3 or 4.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
My Ava prances :)

(and interestingly...she is sooooo NOT a confident dog)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh's best friend Kobe is a black gsd and he prances like a show pony- it's so cute because he's 7 mos old and all legs. Stosh does it when we're playing frisbee

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Yeah... Lucy definitely prances. It looks like she bounces every time she takes a step. It's pretty funny to watch.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
LOL... I grew up showing horse hunter jumper! Rasied and trained many. I have only one now an Arabian. I tell my husband quite often that Otto trots and canters like a horse. I thought I was the only one that thought this. Its like a floating thing that he does. "Magical" :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
DJ prances when he wants me to try to take his "woobie" from him, his former owner thought "keep away" was a cute game to play with GSD's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Obie will prance when he sees a dog or a cat on our walks. It's his way of saying: "Look at me! Look at me!"

Ike prances when he heels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts