German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In canada here?

Any places other than leerburg? I wanted one that was comfortable for her but at the sametime hopefully not hurt the decoy too much as she is a big dog?

Also a safe one that wont cause any teeth damage? I have heard some have caused the dogs tooth to get through!

Anyone? It is for a female 84 pound fit. How would they know it fits proper?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks they say if you measure the muzzle even a little bit off it will get in the way of the dogs vision?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yeah I could see it. If the muzzle is too long it could cause the skin/fur to bunch up at the eyes or poke the dog in its eyes with the leather. Fitment is key! Both for comfort and for protecting the decoy. I will NEVER buy an off the shelf again. My dog got hers off once and that's enough for me. Now I just use it to train my dogs to wearing a muzzle. It has peanut butter and stuff inside so they can't wait to put it on. This is my off the shelfer.

Leather Police Dog Agitation Muzzle

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also highly recommend Horton's custom fitted police agitation muzzle. They did an excellent job and the craftsmanship is next to none. I will say that it did take a few weeks from the time I placed the order until the time I received it, but I guess that's what happens when you order a custom piece.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah i am planning on buying one of those yellow tape measures? I just have the other hard ones, that are stiff.

I was going to print out there sheet and do the measures then fax them.

I think i am going to go with their muzzle. Seems a lot more smart to do it this with as other places dont make you fill out a form and do all those measurements, to make sure they get a proper fitting muzzle. Thanks for posting that I would have gotten something that probably would not fit properly lol

They are cheaper also which is shocking because they seem high quality.

the decoys wont train unless its the same type of quality/safety as the ones they use for their mals, they dont wanna get cut up either when the dog starts to get good lol

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hey was wondering if anyone has their dogs measurements still? I just measured mine just seems so off? My dog is 86 or so pound female shes big for a female working line. But still I thought a male her size should have a more massive head because shes still a female. The leerburg muzzles wouldnt fit her according to my measurements? makes no sense.

I printed out the hortons forms i want to get this right so i make sure i get a perfect one. The base of the skull measurment looked really wierd on their diagram the cartoon dog.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the way they measure they want it a bit diff they want the nose to eyes righht at the eyes almost rather than leaving space.

Do you remember yours at all? mine just before eyes almost touching the middle is 4 and a tiny bit like 1/4 but then when i measured the biggest part of her muzzle it was like 12 and it was the EXACT same as when i measured from nose to skull base which was 12

1 - 9 of 9 Posts