German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
put blankets in the crate. mats or beds are available for the crate. you don't want her to use the crate for potty. take her outside often. we took our boy outside every 15 mins. in the begining. as time passed we gradually went to every 1/2 hour, every 45 min. and on to every hour untill it became every 4 to 6 hours. i let my dogs out every 4 hours or so. they can hold it longer but why make them hold it?? i like them to be comfortable. i never used paper to train this Shep. i have in the past. designate an area in your house for your paper training. why was your puppy on the patio?? your dog needs to be around you. you can't possibly think that's it's ok for your puppy not to have bedding in it's crate. when you crate your puppy put some toys or bones in the crate so your puppy has something to play with. i'm glad you're going to stop abusing your puppy by not leaving her on the patio. bond with your puppy by having her near you. it's good for both of you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.