German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 week old German Shepherd, she’s been having some trouble with peeing inside. Such as peeing in the house right after I bring her inside, and giving no warning that she may have to do her business. Are there any ways to make this training process a little better?

·
Registered
646 Posts
A common occurrence. You need to wait outside longer. Some pups will go multiple times since they don't empty themselves all the way the first time

My pup would have the issue with just going without warning. If your pup is not in a crate, then she needs to be taken out every 10-15mins (at least mine did)

As for making the process easier, it's just keeping vigilant. Take out your pup often. If you can't keep your eyes on her, then she's in her crate

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Charley, I just did a moderator notification to have your thread moved out of this forum into one of the puppy forums. The Support Help Desk is for questions regarding technical issues with the forum.

In the future, please make sure you start new threads in the appropriate forum.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
There is a lot of information on potty training in the puppy place section. Going outside with your pup on a leash. Don’t play or say anything otherwise she will get to excited to potty. when she potties outside make a big deal to remind her she is the best pup in the world and and give her treats. Eventually they will know what “go potty”means.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
A common occurrence. You need to wait outside longer. Some pups will go multiple times since they don't empty themselves all the way the first time

My pup would have the issue with just going without warning. If your pup is not in a crate, then she needs to be taken out every 10-15mins (at least mine did)

As for making the process easier, it's just keeping vigilant. Take out your pup often. If you can't keep your eyes on her, then she's in her crate
Perfect! Excellent advice.

I would just add that once you go outside, you stay outside until she goes. When she does go, big HUGE party. Most awesome puppy ever.

By making sure puppies know it is good to go when asked, down the road if you are pressed for time your dog will go on command.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts