German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new German Shepherd owner and I’m having some trouble with potty training to an extent. Sawyer is 7 months old, crate trained, does well on the leash the whole nine yards. She had been an outside roaming dog pretty much since birth but has always done well pottying on the leash. I’ve recently moved to a new state and she is now full time inside dog. The recent weeks she has been inside/outside dog with me at a buddy’s house and there were no issues. Ever since we moved into the new place she refuses to go to the bathroom outside. I’ve taken her on hour long walks and she won’t go. As soon as she gets back inside she goes. She is very easily trained in everything. I just don’t know if the change in scenery is messing with her bathroom rhyth or what. Any tips? Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
It sounds like the change in setting has caused either stress or confusion. Either way, I'd use a crate when she comes back inside, wait ten minutes then try again. She needs to develop a habit of going in her spot outside....refer to the following chart.....
housetraining.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts