German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I will start this off by saying I will be taking Ryka into the vet tomorrow when they open.

Yesterday I took her dock diving. The pool is clean and well maintained, but I do always worry. She finished her heat in its entirety at the end of June. Because of that, I’ve kept a very close eye on her in case of pyo. This morning I noticed either puss or mucous coming from her vulva, and I am concerned about it. It appears to me like vaginitis. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would definitely take her to a vet to be looked at, it does look like some sort of infection to me. If it were closer to her heat I might be inclined to wait a bit, but this long after...not so much!

Reactions: Femfa

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm currently going through the same thing! My mind went straight to pyo when I first saw Katsu's discharge and immediately called two different emergency vets. We've just started our 2nd week of antibiotics - it's not as greenish/yellow - more clear discharge now so hopefully it clears up by the end of the week. Best of luck to you and your girl - I truly hope it's nothing serious! .

Reactions: Femfa

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies all. After the vet visit and check over, my vet has suggested that it is likely vaginitis and requested we take a "wait and see" approach with her, as the amount of discharge is quite minimal at this time. While she does have some discharge internally, it is a small amount and any inflammation is very low based on her vaginoscopy. If her symptoms do not clear by Friday, we will be going in an picking up a prescription of antibiotics.

Reactions: Mary Beth
1 - 5 of 5 Posts