German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post a link to your dogs pedigree and lets see if we have any related dogs. I would start but I haven't finished mine yet. So whoever would like to post theirs, go ahead.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
All the underlined ones in my signature are hyperlinked to PDB.

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
Nikon and Dena are related through Kevin vom Murrtal. :)

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
Can anyone tell me what all this means in terms of temperament/drives/nerve/health - good or bad?

Linebreeding - 5 generations

I'm familiar with the name Mink (if it's the same Mink I'm thinking of), but don't recall if what I've read was positive or not so positive, and I don't know a thing about any of the others.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Debbie, what is the actual pedigree? The line breeding looks familiar.

From Mink you could get very good social aggression, usually sound joints, weakness through the loins, LONG backs, some looseness in ligamentation (coming through his grandsire SG Ignaz vom Oberscholvenerweg ), rather ugly structure and heads that lacked a stop, excellent hunt drive/scenting ability, hard resilient dogs (to both their handlers and to the helper in protection). A couple of his sons were said to be handler aggressive, but I have never had issues with this in any of my dogs that were closely bred on Mink.

Deika Wannaer Höhen was a tremendous producer for that kennel. I have also "heard (so, yes, hear-say)" that she was a bit nutty in drive. From the linebreeding I am guessing two of the W litter Wannaer Höhen are found in the pedigree. This was a very good litter of producing males and females. The sire of my D litter (Hannes Spadener Hölz) was out of Wicki.

Boy Pendel Bach was probably my most favorite son of Fado Karthago. The Fado dogs I met and a few I handled had very high prey drive and big grips. They then bred Fado to Juma who brought in excellent aggression (Juma was a super producing female) through her sire and the sire of her mother.

Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
Sorry, that's Halo above - click on the link and you'll see the whole pedigree. BTW, it should look familiar, I believe you had at least one litter out of Hannes, her grand-sire. :)

ETA: oops, yes - you mentioned your Hannes litter above, I missed that the first time.

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
...rather ugly structure...
:rofl: I cracked up when I read that, lol!

Deika Wannaer Höhen was a tremendous producer for that kennel. I have also "heard (so, yes, hear-say)" that she was a bit nutty in drive.
Halo definitely leaks drive, but I can't say if that's all genetics, or partly due to a handler who didn't know quite to do with all her drives when she was younger and may not have taught her to properly cap them. :whistle:

Oh, and thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
There were two others, but I would have to do some searching to add their pedigrees. They were born over 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Cyra was both a Mink great-grandaugther and a Deika great-grandaughter. She definitely had hardly a stop.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
:rofl: I cracked up when I read that, lol!
Normally I say fugly instead of ugly, but I was being nice. ;)

The first time I saw video clips of Mink all I could think of was "donkey". :D Big leggy dog with HUGE hears.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hans and Beau are related through Grim z Pohranicni straze

I don't know a whole lot about pedigrees, but this is certainly interesting to look through.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts