German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! A new member reaching out to see other experiences with getting their German Shepherds neutered. We adopted a 4 year old and had his surgery last Tuesday. Just came home and his scrotum is very swollen. Doing some research I’m going to do a warm compress and keep him in a kennel till Monday when I can call the vet. Just swelling . All comments and advice are appreciated TIA - Kora

·
Registered
233 Posts
You mean you just got him home from the shelter, but it has been almost 2 weeks since the surgery? That doesn't sound normal for it to still be swollen. Does your dog seem unwell? Most good vets have after hours you can call to get information or they might recommend a script for antibiotics if they think you need them. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is it bigger than it was before the surgery? It is common for his scrotum to swell after the surgery for a short period of time but not excessively. I would possibly try a cold compress like a bag of peas to try and reduce the swelling. The main worry would be an infection if it does not reduce in size or has a discharge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts