German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roxy ( almost 6 months) had her spay friday..all went well. She's still throwing up just a little bit in the am before she comes out to greet the day...do I need to be worried? It's not much and it's almost like when we as adults have had the flu or something and there is nothing left to puke up but we still feel like we need to. ( did that make sense?)

she's still not eating quite all of her food. It takes her half the morning to eat her breakfast ( which I'm really not complaining about that since usually she inhales it in like 1 minute)

incision -- looks fine ( I rigged a tee- shirt on her to keep her off of it)
she wants to play -- so her activity if I were allowing it would be spot on.

it's just that little bit of puking in the am.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I would check with the vet. Her tummy is upset and she is off her feed and eating slow. Since this is already Monday, and the surgery was on Friday, any affects from the anaesthetic should have worn off by now.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
throwing up stopped but I got into a panic yesterday right before I left for work...there was what I thought was a puss pocket and it looked like she had been bleeding so my daughter and son took her up to the vet while I HAD to go to work... he said it was just draining and he was actually pleased with the way it looked ...and he said actually it IS good for them to "lick" it a little ..it does help with healing as long as they aren't going crazy at it or digging at it. She's still wearing her tee shirt though. I'm not chancing her licking and not stopping

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
What a worry for you ! Good part is that she was checked over and you know she is doing fine. For the licking, well, I do understand your concern, but since a little bit helps . I think it may be okay to try it, take it off - then take her for a walk - leave it off and watch her. And maybe put it back on after a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts