German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Fran and my husband and I are contemplating getting a GSD, a 6 year old male. We are a home for senior labradors and our 13 year old boy passed 4 weeks ago. We are heartbroken. Had to take our 9 year old yellow lab girl to the vet today because she was "off". Vet thinks it is depression. She did a full senior check and blood work including thyroid just to be sure.

We have encountered this in the past when one of our seniors has passed. We were thinking about getting another lab when it was brought to our attention about the 6 year old GSD from a very good breeder. He is being placed because the breeder is in ill health. We are going tomorrow to see him and see if our girl and he get along.

Have not had a GSD in over 30 years and needed a place to search information and say hello.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having them to meet before you take him home is a good idea, but consider the environment the GSD has been in. Usually breeder keep their dogs outside, make sure you spend a good portion of time there looking how they interact

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts