German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just not going to allow throwing of sticks with multipule dogs anymore, but if I had two I wonder if I could work this one out.

I only have one dog, who does not have a lot of doggy friends. Last weekend she was playing with two other dogs in the water, a great dane and a mixed golden/GSD type of dog. The Dane was king. If a stick was thrown she would chace it but back off when the Dane came near it. The other dog, nope. They got into a fight when the other dog grabbed her stick. I removed her from the activity and put her in a down stay for time out.

Last weekend we met up with two other GSD from obedience class. Same thing, water and sticks. This time she grabbed the stick and the other dog did not want to give it up. Small scruffle. Verbal call off. Both put side by side in a down stay while the thrid dog enjoyed water play with the stick.

I can see that my dog does get possessive with sticks (never tried it with balls) and I will avoid multi dog stick (and balls) throwing in the future because of this, but I'm wondering if this is something that could be worked out and how you would go about doing it. Just curious as someone asked me how to go about this and I have no idea. My solution is to avoid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.