German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stated a while ago that we were getting Storm hip xrays done soon. She's almost 1 (May 16th) and we need to do them in order to lock down her breeder's warranty... also, as a possible potential to breed, I want to get a look at where her hips stand as of now. If all is well, she'll be OFA'd at 2yrs old... along with a million other tests/evaluations (health and training).

Anyway, it was finally close enough to schedule them. She's going in on May 6th for 3 views of her hips. She'll be knocked out for the procedure (just a light sedative... nothing serious) so we can get the best picture. It will also be viewed and critiqued by the head vet/owner there, who is also the vet for the police k9s, and does a million OFA xrays for them and local breeders. His opinion has always been pretty accurate.

I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

3 WEEKS!!!!

Please send some positive thoughts and prayers that all is good. :help:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sending positive thoughts!!!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! :) We are keeping positive thoughts (though, I'm still nervous as heck!)

Found out last night that the 6th is the start of summer classes and my SO wouldn't be able to go with me. So the date has been moved up.

Monday April 29th. 1 week earlier. So now, 2 weeks away!!!

Can't wait to have this done and over with. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
All fingers and paws are crossed.

(oh and you may want to stock up on some pepcid AC for the nervous tummy you probably are having!)

Thanks everyone! :) We are keeping positive thoughts (though, I'm still nervous as heck!)

Found out last night that the 6th is the start of summer classes and my SO wouldn't be able to go with me. So the date has been moved up.

Monday April 29th. 1 week earlier. So now, 2 weeks away!!!

Can't wait to have this done and over with. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All fingers and paws are crossed.

(oh and you may want to stock up on some pepcid AC for the nervous tummy you probably are having!)
Haha, yeah I'll need it!! Storm could care less, and I'm sure even that day she will just be her normal nutty self..... I, on the other hand, will be pacing the office. :crazy: I'm glad my dog has better nerves then I do. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts