German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debbie from Dog's Hope sent this to me through e-mail to post.

Portsmouth, OH - SWEET
BLIND GIRL IS BEGGING FOR HER LIFE!!

*Contact Anita Smith at: [email protected] (at roadrunner.com)

SCIOTO DOG POUND

SHELTER'S FAVORITE

The warden is begging for help. She said this dog is super friendly and sweet. They would like for this girl to get another chance.

This is a female. She is black and tan with short hair, and is a medium to large size. She appears to be blind in both eyes. She is very sweet and loving.

PORTSMOUTH, OHIO
SCIOTO DOG POUND..

Carrie Jo- Loholdt

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I can donate to an approved rescue to help with her expenses.

Please send me a PM if help is needed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last Hope has asked for more information on this girl and we are waiting for a reply. We have a possible sanctuary that would take her and then network her to a forever home.

Pat Lukos
Last Hope Safe Haven

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Thanks Pat!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have been trying reach this shelter all day....just get a machine and left several messages; their email bounces back. On their website they say that TUES is euthanization day. I hope we are not too late. I just got the OK from Angel Ridge that they would take this girl. If anyone has any contacts with this shelter, please use them and let me know what you find out.

Pat

·
Registered
31,129 Posts
Yes!! That's wonderful!! Just curious...what is involved in caring for a blind dog? Do they have heightened senses to motor around their surroundings?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 11 yo blind GSD that I've had for 9 years. He was rescued from an abusive situation so he was very scared. But my other 3 GSDs quickly took him under wing and taught him the ropes. Soon he was walking thru our woods with us off leash. He rarely bumps into things unless there's something out of place and he's moving too quickly to stop. So to answer your question, yes, their other senses are heightened and once they know their home, they really don't require any extra care. He's probably the easiest GSD I've ever had in my home!

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Does anyone know what rescue in Michigan?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
no thought maybe it was oa. ??

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
does anyone know what rescue in michigan this dog went to???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts