German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
We are attempting to move to Portland, OR in June-July. My husband is flying out in April to try and line up potential rentals. However, I have called several places in Portland and Eugene and apparently German Shepherds are considered a "restricted breed". We want to rent before trying to buy a house since the move from Miami to Oregon is hard enough without attempting to buy before moving.

Any suggestions as to what area of Portland - and Eugene if my husband prevails, will take German Shepherds and our chow/rottie mix, Murphy.

Thank you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would suggest searching Craigslist as you can filter to only show places that allow dogs. Then you can call each individual place to see if there are breed restrictions.
It may be helpful to have your current landlord write a letter of recommendation that states how well-behaved your dogs have been!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. However, I am the landlord as we own the home we live in. Allie is very sweet but she is a 100 pound female (not fat though I call her chunky monkey) and Murphy is also 103 pounds. This may mean having buy, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts