German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Female German Shepherd Needs Good One Pet Home and Love (PDX)

Date: 2010-12-07, 1:43PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

As much as I hate doing it, I am hoping that somewhere, someone wants to live with one of the coolest dogs ever. She was my late husband's dog and she and I have had a rough time ever since he passed. I just can't keep up anymore and it's not fair to her to keep going from place to place. I can't have her with me where I live now, and it's just no good for her. Thus, the dog needs a home ad.

She is 5 and is well trained. She is extremely intelligent and knows all sorts of stuff. She picks up on what you want her to do quickly, so she learns fast. She's a german shepherd, so you should already know how to deal with one, and have experience with the breed. German shepherds can be a bit of a tough time for a while when taken away from their people, although with time and love they will rebond to their new folks. If you are not willing or able to give her time and attention and "space" to adjust to the changes, please do not try to adopt her. She really deserves a good home, she is such a lover girl and will reward you greatly for your kindness and patience.

She loves her adult people, but is afraid of children. I never had any, and she is not used to them. She doesn't do well with cats or small dogs. She will chase them, and really needs to be the only pet, or paired with another big dog that is not an alpha personality.

She is also a very good watch dog. No one is getting in when she's on duty. She is kennel trained for when no one is home and likes to go into it to sleep.
As with any larger dog, she needs a yard to run around in, and/or daily walks. She also knows how to pull in a harness, kind of like mushing a sled dog, but she pulled us on our bicycles instead. She loves to run and will swim along with you in the river too.

If you think you have some room in your life, your heart, and your home for a fuzzy kid please email me. I do NOT want to have to take her to a shelter and she is staying with someone else for now until I can find her a good home.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2100617150

1 - 1 of 1 Posts