·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got received this, and have no other information

PLEASE CROSSPOST
Port Gibson Police Dept| (601) 437-5101 806 Farmer St, Port Gibson, MS
Claiborne County Sheriff| (601) 437-5161 410 Market St, Port Gibson, MS

A German Shepherd Dog in Port Gibson, MS, at: 803 Marginale Street, is being starved to death. The mailman that delivers mail there called me very upset. He said the owner wanted to see how long it would take for a dog to starve to death.

The postman called the police, and no one will do anything. We need help. The owner will not surrender the dog.

This dog will starve to death if he is not removed from where he is being cruelly and deliberately starved to death.

PLEASE ACT NOW AND DO NOT WAIT! THIS DOG WILL DIE!

Port Gibson Police Dept| (601) 437-5101 806 Farmer St, Port Gibson, MS
Claiborne County Sheriff| (601) 437-5161 410 Market St, Port Gibson, MS

·
Registered
218 Posts
This warrants immediate action...I think contacting the local newspaper and television stations will get some action...with an owner that is INTENTIONALLY doing something like this and the police that won't take action...that's exactly what the media wants to make public...My first action would be the media...then the human societies and local rescues...anyone in the animal world will help with this...Can you post the police departments contact information? Perhaps phone calls, emails and faxes will get their attention.

·
868 Posts
Funny, no pictures. Seems everyone has a phone. Just because someone says it's true doesn't make it so. Has the person that originally diseminated this information contacted the humane society, local officials etc? Just seems an very odd situation. The only way the police could take action is if they were to witness abuse.

DFrost

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I wonder why the postman didn't contact Animal Control. That would have seemed the first step to me. While a horrible story, if it is true, there isn't much we can do - being in different states, and having no proof of anything. I remember an email I received asking everyone to contact the local AC concerning a travesty of justice regarding a GSD. It turned out to be a total farce. If this is true, hopefully the postman, a neighbor, or someone local will take pictures and call AC. That is the only thing that is going to help this dog.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The person I just spoke to at Port Gibson P.D. said that the chief was busy with somebody else, and that I was welcome to call back and talk to him about it.

I wonder if "803 Marginale Street" had a dispute with one of his neighbors lately?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I also wonder.. I just seen a GSD in the parking lot of where I get my food, he was in perfect shape, beutiful dog, 1yr 3 months. As I am talking to the owner some asked if he was a rescue? The woman said "no, I got him from a breeder" he needs some meet some meat on his bones..
So.. what if the mail man said.. hey, he needs some meat on his bones, and the owner replied.. No, I just going to starve him for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts