German Shepherds Forum banner

Popcorn?

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  kiya 
#1 ·
Okay... so two days ago my oldest daughter and I found out Bandit loves popcorn! Again today we brought out the popcorn and there was Bandit begging for popcorn! lol My daughter again gave him some. I didn't let her give him much though because I am not sure if popcorn is okay for dogs to eat......:confused:

#3 ·
well since popcorn starts from corn, keep an eye out for allergic reactions but otherwise its fine. we've been known to use it as a training treat and boy does it work!

#4 ·
All the Hooligans but one have always LOVED popcorn. Of course if one had a corn allergy it would be off limits!

#9 ·
As soon as Kai hears the hard kernels hit the bottom of the pot (homemade popcorn) she runs to the kitchen and just sits and waits. I think she thinks we're make it for her. Kai and my SO share popcorn everytime it made. She just lays on the floor and waits for popcorn to come flying down. I think it's their little thing...

#10 ·
Popcorn is a coveted snack here too. We use a hot air popper so there is no salt or butter on it. Again, like everyone said, it's best not to give too much. Popcorn can be a stomach irritant (in people too) so be aware that too much can cause problems.

#11 ·
my grandma would give Chopper and Molly some popcorn occasionally Chopper would only eat the slightly buttered ones and leave the non buttered ones. It was funny MOlly would just eat whatever, that dog is a vacuum. Never tried it with Dodger, I'm sure he'd like it.

#16 ·
Minna and Bacca both love popcorn. I was standing in the kitchen the other night eating some and they were both sitting watching me, because they know if I drop one they can eat it. I dropped one, it hit the counter and landed back in the bowl I had in my hand (rather than falling to the ground).
Of course both dogs watched this then both looked to the ground like "where'd it go?!". It was cute. I usually don't let them sit and watch me eat something.

#18 ·
Popcorn is a good treat to teach them to catch with. If I have some I toss them a few to catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.