German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm taking Mr. Brody to the vet today in about an hour. A couple days ago he started to get some yellowish discharge from his eye. It wasn't a "pink eye" I could tell, my other dog had that and it was alot worse! I was laying on the floor with him last night, nose to nose, and he took a deep breath and blew out a bunch of snot out of his nose directly onto my face lol. I figured I would wait to see how he was feeling this morning and now he sounds a little stuffy. I'm wondering if one of the dogs in his puppy play class had a doggy cold and passed it on to Brody. Anybody ever deal with a doggy cold before? I'll see what the vet says when I bring him! The good thing is he still is drinking normal amounts of water and eating like a horse still!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maya just got a slightly runny but stuffy sounding nose today, I'm hoping she'll clear it up through tomorrow or it's back to the vet again for her. Her nasal discharge, according to my wife, is a little yellow. Food and water is normal, still playful too, but maybe a little more time relaxing. Maya is in puppy classes too.
Good luck with Brody's visit.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maya just got a slightly runny but stuffy sounding nose today, I'm hoping she'll clear it up through tomorrow or it's back to the vet again for her. Her nasal discharge, according to my wife, is a little yellow. Food and water is normal, still playful too, but maybe a little more time relaxing. Maya is in puppy classes too.
Good luck with Brody's visit.
I would go ahead and take Maya to the vet on Monday. He gave him an antibiotic that has really helped. He swabbed his nose and did a smear test. He said he most likely would have fought it off himself, but you never want to take the chance of it getting into his lungs. Another member also told me to give him Vit C once a day...human grade, not EsterC since it has calcium in it and he's a puppy. Brody was the same as Maya, still playful but a little more downtime then usual, still ate like a horse and drank a lot of water. Now that the antibiotic has helped, he's full of energy and ready to go!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great to hear Mr. Brody is better, I'll be getting some antibiotics hopefully tomorrow.
Maya has been taking vitamin C once a day for the last couple of weeks, thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Problem! :) I hope she is feeling better!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts