German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm from Europe living in Thailand. You might remember when i took sick stray dog from the street as my new dog.

Today I took my GDS and mentioned ex-stray for a run through jungle. Around abandoned government building. Which is also home to stray dogs. Passing by building we heard a lot of crying and barking. And that's how we found this little fella stuck in sewers by his head.

He was lucky that I found him - but there's unfortunately not happy ending. I bring my tools and I spend there around 3 hours trying to free him. Then it got really dark and I had to left. Because I couldn't even see my hands. He is stuck there to this moment... . And he will be entire night. :| :| :| Poor guy/girl.

As you can see cover of these sewers is from very heavy concrete blocks, that are cemented into place. You can't just lift middle one. You have to start working from the side. It's extremely difficult and there's not enough space to even take a swing with a hammer.

He is standing on his back legs and is supporting himself of the wall by his front legs. So I hope he will be able to breath all night and won't suffocate. He refused to drink and eat.

Tomorrow first thing in the morning I'm going back and I'll try to free him.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That is such a hard picture to view. I hope he gets through the night and you are a wonderful person for doing all you can. Maybe it was best that he didn't drink or eat in the predicament that he's in. My thoughts and prayers for this guy and your efforts.

Edit: I just thought Of something that might help when you go back in the morning: bring some oil, anything that you can saturate around the hole and or his neck if he isn't struggling. The vibration of working the concrete along with the oil may be just enough for his head to slip back in if there is a solid floor under him and not in danger of falling further down in a tunnel.

·
Registered
31,097 Posts
OMG Can the authorities help? You'll need to cut that concrete or break it up in some way from the other side.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a girl!!!

Very hungry/thirsty/uncooperative/smelly girl. I ripped a lot of these concrete blocks, made a space between block where she was caught and pulled her down. :grin2::grin2::grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,097 Posts
Bless you for helping that little girl!I'm glad she's safe and hope you're not too sore after tussling concrete.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I had to come back on and share a big smiley grin with you :grin2::grin2::grin2:. You did Good!!! When you fist posted I checked the time there and figured you would have an update a about this time (12:00 am here). So glad you updated and so very happy for this little girls good fortune. She looks like a sweetie.

You do seem to be in places where you are needed. Thank you for a great ending and I hope you get some well deserved rest.

·
Registered
15,889 Posts
So Andy to the Rescue! Thanks for all the work you did for this ungrateful little, uh, girl... This couldn't have been the most comfortable area for you to work in either..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That is such a hard picture to view. I hope he gets through the night and you are a wonderful person for doing all you can. Maybe it was best that he didn't drink or eat in the predicament that he's in. My thoughts and prayers for this guy and your efforts.
That was disturbing to see. Good job and may your compassion be rewarded.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wow... andywhite i knew you hadn't posted here in a while...looks like you've been busy doing good deeds....what a great story and a very very lucky girl !

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Andy you are seriously an angel :) I am so glad you were able to get her out. Nice work! What will you do with her now? I have a friend who is in Thailand a lot, he is always posting pictures of the dogs there. He has made a few "friends". Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow, so good to hear this! You're my hero and you are certainly hers. She is evidently one adventurous pup to get herself in that situation. I wasn't at all sure it would be a good outcome, and am so glad to hear that it was. I imagine you are both exhausted now. You both deserve something special today and for many days to come.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Fantastic! You are a hero! The world needs more people like you. That is one lucky little little girl!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts