German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Dixie had to get stiches :( Her littermate Titus came over yesterday, so we took them swimming and somehow Dixie got a cut on her hind leg. Which is weird cause we've been there 100's of other time's and nothing ever happens. I still feel terrible about it :( And so we looked at it to see how bad it was, and it's a very deep cut. So we rushed her to the vet, they got her all cleaned up and stiched up. She's doing better today, I have to keep her on the down low for 2 weeks which is going to be 'fun' :eek:. She's already huffing and puffing about not being able to really play, run etc. Kinda funny, to see her complaine so much :wub: When we were done at the vet's office, they gave us an over veiw of her health, the way she looks and such, And they said we couldn't take better care of her even if we tried, and that she is in perfect health and her body condition is awesome :wub: She also weighed in at 75 pounds, she's lean and pretty muscular :crazy: kinda gave me a HUGE head lol, but i'm glad to know to be doing everything right :D... But here are a couple pictures of my injured princess :wub:

I feel so bad, I know it's not my fault and things happen :(

She's not very thrilled about anything right now lol

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Poor baby. Hope she's better soon.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
sorry to hear that she hurt her foot, things happen and its good that you took her in for stitches. and i have to say, dixie looks well taken care of in your pictures. I feel very sorry for you having to keep her calm for 2 weeks :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the nice compliments. I have to admit she's just a tad bit spoiled lol. But ya there was no way I wasn't taking her, you could see her tendons and stuff it was bad and her being my first dog I was kinda freaking out when I seen how bad it was, I still feel awful but she's on the mend now! And ya keeping a active dog calm for 2 weeks is going to be a challenge haha guess I will just have to get more chewy bones:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts