German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few weeks there have been several incidences of poop in the house. I was pretty sure it was Sasha and it was confirmed this morning when I caught her in the act.

I scolded her - she knew I was dissapointed. But I dont know what is going on? Nothing has changed in the last few weeks. No change in routine, no upsetting situations... I dont know whats going on. Not sure if this is health or behavioural.

She just turned 6 - any suggestions?

·
Registered
626 Posts
If everything concerning her food and feeding time has not changed, she might be testing her limits ... unless she has something going on inside (parasites) or some physical disorder. Has she been on the same food for a while now :confused:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
My first thought when reading she's 6 is to have the vet take a look at her-just to make sure no parasites like mentioned above. If it's really unusual for her to go in the house-a vet trip maybe in order.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
My dog is much older - 12.5. She never used to have accidents in the house. A couple of years ago, she started to have the poo accidents. I know she can't help it. It seems she isn't aware she has to go in time. This is pretty common in older dogs. It would seem that your dog is awfully young to have this problem. I agree that she should be seen by a vet.
If accidents are not the norm for her, I think something must be going on.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
She's sort of young for this, but older dogs can develop lower spinal arthritis that can press on the nerves to the rectum causing bowel incontinence. Just a thought.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she checked out OK at the vet... Today she barked to go out!!! I'm guessing she was testing us (she will do that - the brat)!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts