German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is on a good schedule with her pooping and eating. Every day she gets fed at 10, 3, and 7 approx 1 cup each of Acana wild prairie, (grain free), she also gets carrots daily, pumpkin ice cubes, and the morning meal gets 1 pump of grizzly salmon oil supplement.

Okay, I'm kind of a perfectionist, but I tracked this stuff!
For the past month and a half I had her she's been growing like a weed and she poops usually right when she wakes up - a small one (9am), sometimes once after she eats (10am) once in the afternoon (4pm) and once in the evening (8pm), sometimes the evening one doesnt happen.

They all looked really good, firm, but a few days ago I've started to notice that her mid afternoon poop (around 4) starts out solid but towards the end it turns into pudding. By dinner time poop everything is back solid. I have tried cutting back on her lunch meal but maybe it's her breakfast meal I should instead? Her growth spurt seems to be slowing down and she may not need as many calories.

The other difference lately is 4 days ago I gave her Trifexis for the first time, after the first day of that is when this poop thing started and the first day of that also made her skin pretty flaky. The skin stopped but the poop didnt. Could the Trifexis in her system cause the weird mid afternoon pudding, or am I over feeding one of these meals - should I try two meals a day?

I can take her to the vet to get a fecal, but since they are firm so often and it's like clockwork that they arent I'm not inclined to think that she has any worms or parasite, but I wont completely rule it out

anyone experienced similar?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it -you have her on a good schedule and diet. If it were a health problem or worms, your pup would have loose stools all the time. Sometimes the change can be caused by the weather, excitement, or teething. I don't know about theTrifexis causing it as I use Frontline Plus and haven't noticed any difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts