Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nutri-Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of dog treats do you prefer? Why?

-Waggin' Train
-Canyon Creek Ranch
-Charlee Bear
-Purina
-Nutri Dog
-Pedigree
-Meaty Bone
-Other

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
other- training treats are NB roll cut up, string cheese, hotdogs

other-grain free biscuits from biscuit bar at Petco, and stuffed frozen Kong (stuffed with kibble and canned TOTW dog food

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Other- I make beef crunchies and buy chicken jerky from Kona's Chips because it's made in CA and not China--Chinese treats worry me. I also give string cheese. I guess I really don't buy any treats other than Kona's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Frodo is crazy for Old Mother Hubbard Bac N cheese Biscuits, he only gets one after his evening meal.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Natural Balance rolls for training; Hunther gets Hebrew National hot dogs only when doing desensitizing/counter conditioning around other dogs. He'd eat the whole hot dog in one bite if I let him.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
As bad as I know they are, my dogs get a Milkbone cookie every night, they are totally addicted to them. But not for training, I prefer to use hot dogs, cheese, steak or home made liver brownies.

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Zukes is the only commercial treat I use that is not 100% beef liver.

My parents use the waggin train but they are made in China, and I do not trust anything out of there since the dog food recalls.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I feed mine Nature's Recipe Hip and Joint, and Greenies. He loves em! Also the blueberry nutro natural choice treats.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Other: Zukes Minis, Bil Jac Little Jacs, and Wellness Wellbites. Also hotdogs.

So- why do people choose the option to make a poll public? Why do you care that much? I've seen this happen on a lot of the current polls...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Freeze dried liver-beef or chicken, Bil-Jac, Old Mother Hubbard "cookies". These are a few of his favorite things. Oh, and cheese.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I generally use treats that are mostly or 100% meat and are grain free. For example Real Meat brand, Wellness Pure Bites, freeze-dried liver, etc...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
We use Mother Hubbard, Zukes, Buddy Biscuits, freeze-dried liver, Wellness, and tons of homemade treats.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There are these treats at the pet store that are made out of freeze-dried meat and nothing else. I get them once in a while. (They're expensive.) I also like No-Grainers.
Most of the dog's training treats, though, are things like lunch meat, kibble, or scraps.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Beef Jerky from our butcher who makes but it not often as Daisy ,me and hubby on low fat ,diets. Sometimes freeze dried Chicken lamb and beef jerky,cant remember the name.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
For training, our dog is not really treat motivated, she likes a laser or these special balls. She's had stomach issues so we don't give too many treats, but cheese is good, Solid Gold Jerky, Natural Balance Bear Biscuits, raw beef or bison bones and a teaspoon of honey before bed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts