German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police officer who kidnapped German Shepherd to save him from euthanasia says he will "never regret" his actions

Lars Bo Lomholt, a Danish police officer charged with kidnapping a German Shepherd from a kennel in order to save the dog's life, has been sentenced in court.

A judge in Helsingør has sentenced Lars to a 60-day suspended sentence and two-year probation for abusing his position of authority. Lars was also ordered to pay the costs incurred in the case.

The incident gained international attention last January, when Lars impersonated an on-duty officer and snuck the dog named Thor from a kennel. The 7-year-old dog was scheduled to be euthanised the next day for having bit a smaller dog.

Thor had been out walking with his owner when he was scared by a smaller dog, who jumped out behind them. He turned and bit the smaller dog. Although both owners acknowledged it was an accident, and Thor's owner paid the resulting fine, authorities later seized Thor and ordered him put to sleep.

- See more at: Police officer who kidnapped German Shepherd to save him from euthanasia says he will "never regret" his actions DogHeirs | Where Dogs Are Family Keywords: Denmark, Danish, Police Officer, german shepherd dog

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good Cop!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Whatever his fine is, I'll pay it. Go Officer Lomholt!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I think this is just awesome:) Good for him!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good for him. Disgusting the dog would be PTS for something both owners agreed was an accident.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm normally a big believer in following the law, but putting a dog to sleep for what seems obviously fairly normal behavior is ridiculous! Glad he saved the dog's life :D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Way to go! Good for him!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. While I think it would be a terrible shame to have euthed the dog, I don't think it's right for anyone to steal, let alone a cop.

While I think his motives were well intended, he still did a bad thing. Although he's facing the consequences of his actions, so there's something to be said for that. He has some kahoona's to throw his whole career away for someone else's pet.

Hmmm...the old ethics vs morals debate...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I actually know to fellows in Belgium, that are police officers, k9 handlers, had a GSD that was going to be put down because there were beginning signs of arthritis, without going into the details, the GSD ran away, and now lives happily ever after and safe

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great Cop!!! He should be promoted.....and Screw the authorities that want to put Thor to sleep.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts