German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
10,240 Posts
i do both to cover all basis and keep as much variety in his diet as possible. every bit of advise and every decision seems to just be a study away from the opposite being true.

in a perfect world, i’d feed whole prey (which would include stomach contents)

· Administrator
10,240 Posts
I feed whole animals as much as possible. I do mostly venison.

Green tripe gives you all the benefits of veggies plus the enzymes and bacteria found in the gut.
yes! tripe! @Debbieg we have a great supplier near us greentripe.com I use the xcalliber blend.

· Administrator
10,240 Posts
Do you supplement this with liver and other organs to make a complete diet? Do you have the pricing on the xKaliber blend?
i use the xcaliber as a supplement! liver and/or kidney are already included in his normal grinds, so a few ounces of the xcaliber is just a boost about twice a week. it’s a bit fatty for my guy, he’s almost 10.

i haven’t ordered it directly from the site in over a year since i’m able to pick it up at a couple of local pet stores. i believe i pay $12 for 2 pounds, which may be a mark up from buying it directly. i’d also save a bit if i bought a larger portion but this a manageable size for me.

· Administrator
10,240 Posts
I got it. I buy my raw pre-made, it’s balanced to meet NRC standards.. but I thought I may of been missing something by not actually letting them consume an actual whole animal.
i mean, in some capacity, you (we) are… i can’t speak for the exact product you feed, nor can i say how crucial the missing ingredients are, but eyes, fur, pancreas, stomach, testicles, brain, etc, all have certain benefits. when i come across them, i purchase baby quail or whole fish. my supplier occasionally has baby rabbits available but i draw the line there.

that’s my opinion anyway, from a wholistic standpoint.

debbie, i hope this all isn’t causing your head to explode further. moral for the story… give your pups a carrot, mine loves them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts